UNWRAP is a face-to-face program that helps believers to seal in their heart that God is true (John 3:33 KJV). Our program walks them through 3 critical areas: Prayer, Perspective and Purposeful. Through a series of scripture analysis, biblical testimony readings and questions, our program helps believers to unwrap their story to reveal God’s testimony. After completing UNWRAP, we pray that believers will be prepared to share their testimony and apply concepts learned to other life experiences.
Why Unwrap: We all have life circumstances that may distract us from the present of God’s grace; this is similar to a child who receives a Christmas gift and focus their attention on the wrapping (the story) instead of the amazing gift inside (the testimony of God’s grace). However, like Lazarus (John 11:43-44) who unwrapped his clothing when Jesus called him from the grave, we endeavor to unwrap our spiritual gifts and impact the Mary, Martha and bystanders’ who are observing our response to life’s challenges so that they may also receive their testimony.
Unwrap Process: We understand that believers are at different stages in their faith walk with Christ. Therefore, a believer may start at any of the 3 areas (see below) with the goal of sealing in their heart that God is true and not being afraid to share a testimony with others.
- Prayer: We encourage people through prayer (James 5:16 KJV) so that they are equipped to handle daily life challenges. We also encourage them to seek God (Gal 5:17) for deliverance through the power of prayer. Finally, we will help believers to look for people/resources that God places in their path to assist in their situation.
- Perspective: To encourage believers to fix their eyes on God and know that He is in the midst of their everyday life. He desires a close relationship, and He has a testimony for them. We accomplish this by having the believer invite the Holy Spirit into their life and provide biblical scriptures and testimonies around seeing, hearing and listening to and for God.
- Purposeful: Here, the believer is intentional about their day and actively seeks encounters with God (1 Chron 16:11 KJV). We provide some essential components in living a purposeful life with God leading and we challenge the believer to focus on their response to God with action. We believe that you can have an expectation that God will show His hand if you seek Him. We pray that this will lead believers to be more sensitive to God’s presence and learn how they can impact others for the glory of God.
- “He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.” (John 3:33).
- “I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.” (Psalms 119:46)
- “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”(Rev 12:11)